Guajillo Orange Chicken Chips
House Cuts® Lattice Chips H3031, grilled chicken, grilled bell peppers drizzled with orange guajillo sauce and Lime Crema dip
- 2 lbs. House Cuts® Lattice Chips (H3031), prepared according to instructions, serve hot
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breast, slightly pounded
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded, membrane removed and julienned
- 2 green bell peppers, seeded, membrane removed and julienned
- Guajillo Orange Sauce (see recipe)
- Cilantro Lime Crema Dip (see recipe)
- 1 bunch cilantro
- Guajillo Orange Sauce
- 2 dried guajillo chilies, stemmed and seeded
- 1/3 cup boiling water
- 1 orange zest, finely grated
- 3/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 mango, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup peeled and chopped fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- Cover the guajillo chilies with the boiling water.
- Cover and let stand until softened, about 15 minutes.
- In medium saucepan, combine the orange zest, segments and juice with the vinegar, corn syrup, brown sugar, honey, chopped mango, ginger and coriander.
- Add the guajillos and their soaking liquid and bring to a boil.
- Boil over moderately high heat until reduced by half, about 7 minutes.
- Transfer the sauce to a blender and puree.
- Scrape the puree back into the saucepan and simmer over moderate heat until reduced to 1 3/4 cups, about 10-15 minutes.
- Season with salt.
- Cilantro Lime Crema Recipe
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Place all ingredients in small bowl and mix until combined.
- Slightly pound skinless boneless chicken breast and place on grill. Grill until chicken is halfway done, flip chicken over and finish cooking.
- Take chicken off grill and cut into strips.
- Place small amount of orange guajillo sauce in medium bowl, add chicken strips, toss, until coated – may need to add more sauce.
- Plate Assembly
- In bowl, place House Cuts® Lattice Chips
- Top with portion of the orange chicken strips
- Garnish with the julienned red and green bell peppers and top with sprigs of cilantro
- Serve with Cilantro Lime Dipping Sauce
- Orange guajillo sauce can be drizzled over chips and chicken if desired or placed in cups for dipping.
House Cuts® Lattice Chips