Cinnamon Sweet Potato Mousse
Creamy cinnamon sweet potato mousse with candied pecans, mini marshmallows and drizzled with maple bourbon sauce.
- 8 oz Sweet Things® Mashed Sweet Potatoes (item M0007)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp. nutmeg
- 8 oz. whipped topping
- 4 oz. sugared pecans
- 2 oz. miniature marshmallows
- 4 Tbsp Maple Bourbon Sauce
- Maple Bourbon Sauce
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons bourbon
- 1 cup light cream shopping list
- 1/4 vanilla bean, split lengthwise
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/3 cup heavy cream, whipped
- – Combine maple syrup and bourbon in a saucepan. Remember – darker maple syrup has a stronger maple flavor. So choose a darker grade A for more maple flavor. Over medium heat, bring to a boil, and cook until reduced by 1/3, about 10 minutes; set aside to cool.
- – Put light cream and vanilla bean in a large saucepan, and bring to a boil. Immediately remove from heat, and let bean infuse cream for about 10 minutes. Remove bean, and scrape pulp into cream.
- – Whisk together egg yolks, sugar and cornstarch. Stir in 1/2 C. cream and return mixture to saucepan with rest of cream. Stirring continuously, cook over low heat until thickened enough to coat back of a wooden spoon, 5-8 minutes.
- – Add reduced maple syrup and bourbon, and strain through a fine sieve into a bowl set in ice. Stir until completely chilled, then fold in whipped cream.
Prepare 1 pouch of Sweet Things® Mashed Sweet Potatoes according to directions - cool.
Place 8 oz. of cooled mashed sweet potatoes in mixing bowl.
Add brown sugar, cinnamon, vanilla and nutmeg to potatoes.
Mix until thoroughly combined.Fold in with spatula the 8 oz. whipped topping.Evenly distribute mixture into 4 serving dishes.Top each dish with marshmallows and sugared pecans. Drizzle with Maple Bourbon Sauce.Chill completely before serving.
Original Mashed Sweet Potatoes