Roasted Garlic Potato Soup
- 4 Garlic bulbs, whole
- 1 lb (454 g) Bacon
- 8 oz (240 g) Onions, chopped
- 1 lb (454 g) Carrots, diced
- 2 oz (60 g) All purpose flour
- 5 lbs (2.3 kg) Lamb's Supreme ® Time Savor® Line Soup Cubes, 3/8" (Item J71)
- 1 gallon (3.8 L) Chicken broth
- 2 Bay leaves
- 1 quart (1 L) Half & Half Cream
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Fresh parsley, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground pepper as needed
- 1. Wrap garlic in foil and roast at 350° F (180° C) for 1 hour in a CONVECTION OVEN , or at 375° F (190° C) for 75 minutes in a CONVENTIONAL OVEN , until soft. Cool and press out garlic. Set aside.
- 2. In a large skillet, cook bacon until browned. Add onions and carrots and cook until tender. Add flour and cook 1 minute.
- 3. In a large pot, stir together Soup Cubes, chicken broth, bacon mixture and bay leaves. Simmer 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Add garlic, half & half cream and parsley. Heat through. Season with salt and pepper.